Recipe by Chef Glaucia
This is my family's favorite bread when we decide to have paninis for lunch !!!
Top Review by stonecoldcrazy
Yum! This was easy to make. I don't have a bread machine so I kneaded it by hand. After allowing it to rise, the loaf was a huge blob that I had to reshape into a loaf before baking. I sprinkled the top with garlic powder and kosher salt. Planning on using it to make garlic bread later tonight but had to sneak a piece- yum!!
- 1 cup water (120 to 130 F)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients in bread machine pan. Process on dough setting.
- At the end of the cycle, remove dough from machine; place it on parchment paper. Punch down dough. Shape dough into baguete-shaped loaf about 12 inches long.
- Place loaf on cornmeal-coated cookie sheet and with sharp knife, make 1 deep lenghtwise slash in top of loaf. Cover; let rise in warm place for about 1 hour.
- Brush loaf with egg white, if desired. Heat oven to 375º F. Bake loaf for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Variation: You can add 1 tsp dark sesame oil to the recipe if you desire. Sprinkle the loaf with same sesame seeds before putting it in the oven.