Recipe by Lil Ms Tropical
Rich, creamy, traditional Indian butter chicken, moist and kids love it so do adults who prefer little spice!!
Top Review by Hungry Gut
This is the first time I've made Indian food. This recipe was easy and did taste good. It wasn't exactly like the butter chicken I've had at our favorite Indian restaurant, so I added more butter and cream to get the desired flavor. This recipe is a nice intro to Indian cooking.
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 16 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup single cream (half and half)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 3/4" cubes.
- Heat oil and cook the onion and ginger until brown stir in the garam masala.
- Put in onion and ginger in blender together with tomato paste and chicken stock blend until smooth.
- Put back into the pan and add the cream (half and half) reduce a little set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and add chicken cook until no longer pink in the middle.
- Pour the butter sauce back into the pan and add remaining butter.
- Garnish if you like with fresh cilantro.