1/2 Photos of Easy Homemade Bahai Mustard (With Rum)
its a yummy mustard, cans easily, and would make great gifts even after you keep enough for yourself. Prep does not include standing time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place dry mustard in a bowl, add vinegar and rum. Do not stir. Cover and let stand 5 - 12 hours.
- 2Place mustard mixture in the top of double boiler, or in a bowl set on top of an inverted bowl in bottom of big pot with water half way up bottom one (my home made double boiler). Water should be hot but not boiling.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, whisking completely after each.
- 4Gradually whisk in sugar until smooth, beat in butter, salt and pepper and cook until thick, about 5 minutes.
- 5*DO NOT OVERCOOK OR EGGS WILL CURDLE*.
- 6spoon into sterilized jars and seal. Store in refridgerator until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Homemade Bahai Mustard (With Rum)
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1094.5
- Calories from Fat 627
- Total Fat 69.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.3 g
- Cholesterol 680.1 mg
- Sodium 1386.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 77.7 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: