Recipe by Mahlachi
This easy meal idea is good for servings of all sizes and could even be used for party food. Only 5 ingredients and so good my picky eater wife likes it! This recipe was created after thinking of a healthier way to make sliders, with or without bread, since I am on a very strict diet that I won't give up on - over 60 lbs lost so far. ***NOTE*** The Recipe could be used with rolls or bread to make more of a slider like meal. Also I feel this recipe would be great by adding BBQ sauce when almost done, but I have not tried this...yet. This Is also my first posted recipe.
- 1 lb ground turkey (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 -3 cups water (warm)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground turkey, black pepper, and seasoning salt in a medium sized bowl.
- On a flat baking pan (like a cookie sheet with sides) spread the seasoned meat to cover the entire pan.
- Use a spatula, rolling pin, or similar item, to flatten/spread the meat evenly helps.
- Make a "break line" in the portion size you would like by pressing into the meat using a knife or pizza cutter. (I use 3 x 3 lines to make 16 one ounce portions).
- Place the pan with the meat in the freezer until fully frozen.
- Once frozen break apart and separate the pieces of meat.
- If not cooking all of the meat, the extra can be wrapped and stored in freezer paper to ensure easy separation.
- Cook the diced onion in a preheated skillet until it gets some color. (optional). Add black pepper and seasoning salt to taste while browning the onions.
- Add enough water to slightly cover the onions; bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once the onions and water start to simmer, place the pieces of frozen seasoned turkey on top of the onions and water, adding more water as needed to prevent sticking or burning.
- Simmer until bottom of meat is browned; flip to cook the other side.
- Check your meat to make sure it is fully cooked.
- When fully cooked, serve topped with the onions they were cooked inches
- Place the meat on rolls, biscuits, or other small bread (optional).