Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 20 chicken wings, split,discard tips
- In a large bowl (non metallic) combine pineapple, barbecue sauce, soy sauce and ginger in.
- Add chicken, turning to coat all sides.
- Cover and marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Grill or broil chicken 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, brushing occasionally with marinade and turning once halfway through cooking.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Garnish with pineapple wedges if desired.
Went to a Hawaiian themed birthday party this past weekend and these were served. They were excellent and I had to get the recipe! The hostess had made them a day ahead of time and then reheated them in the oven the day of the party. They were tasty, sticky and delicious! Not overpoweringly pineapple-y but had great flavor. I highly recommend them!
Made this for a summer luau themed party today and the reviews were OUTSTANDING!!! Easy, tender, and EXTREMELY tasty. Used FRESH ginger and that brightened the flavor. Also, because of number of people attending (80+), marinating time was well over the 15 minutes suggested, but results were not affected. An absolute winner!!!
i made these this evening and they were sooo good! i served them with some white rice and macaroni salad...good stuff!