Recipe by Laura G
5 minutes with 7 ingredients (ones you usually have on hand!) to make a FANTASTIC munchie!! My "picky" mother-in-law won't eat any guacamole other than this! A GREAT condiment for my Chicken Chimichangas that's posted here!! ** NOTE:For the onion...use 1-2 thin SLICES of onion...NOT THE WHOLE onion! Recipezaar won't let me post it on the ingredients that way! =) ENJOY!!
Top Review by Torricus
Very yum! Made for an excellent midnight snack. I used one avocado and kept the rest of ingredients the same, so it was nice and flavourful. Keep in mind the OP says thin slices of onion, not a whole onion!! I used two rings finely minced and it worked well (most may want to use more, I keep it minimal because I'm borderline allergic... but it's just so tasty!).
- 2 avocados (regular or Haas)
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 grape tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (fresh OR "bottled")
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced & finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice avacodos in 1/2, remove seeds.
- Remove flesh into a bowl.
- Add garlic.
- Add tomatoes.
- Add lime juice.
- Add onion.
- Add salt.
- Mash all together with a fork.
- Open bag of Tostitos corn tortilla chips or "scoops".
- Adjust seasonings to taste. I don't measure when I make this I just "dump" and go.
- You may reserve the seed(s) and place in bowl AFTER mixed. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refridgerate if not using immediately. The seeds help keep the avacodo from turning brown.