Prep 3 mins
Cook 24 mins
An easy & simple recipe to tantalise the palate! My mum taught me this one. It's very similar to the one's we've hear before, but it's got some twists. The good thing about this recipe is that it is so versatile: it can be chicken thighs or drumsticks or even pork chops or chicken wings!
- 2 chicken thighs
- 30 ml teriyaki sauce (2 tablespoons)
- 30 ml soy sauce (2 tablespoons)
- 45 ml ketchup (3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (ground ginger is OK too)
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar (for a helathier choice use sugar substitute)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let the chicken marinate for at least 20min.
- Pre-heat the grill for 2 minutes.
- Grill the chicken thighs for 12 minutes on each side. Do not turn more than once but make sure you rotate the grill once, so that the chicken browns evenly.
This was FABULOUS with boneless, skinless chicken thighs right on my gas BBQ. Thank you for the quick and easy instructions. 10-12 minutes per side was just right for my grill. LOVEd this...
Very tasty recipe. I used Splenda and cut it back to 1 tbsp and cut the ketchup back to 2 tbsp. I used skinless thighs. They were a new cut to me called "Skinless BBQ Rib Thighs" They were cut to look like a rib - worked well. The ingredients are all ones I nearly always have on hand so I will be making this again. Thanks Caterina for posting