Mango Habanero BBQ Sauce
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups roughly chopped peeled fresh mango (8.7 oz, from about 12 oz whole mango)
- 2 minced habanero peppers
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup pure mango juice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bottled lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard powder (I used hot, but use what you have)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until mangoes have completely softened and sauce has slightly thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree sauce with an immersion blender, or in the jar of a regular blender, until smooth.
- Either cool to room temperature and store in refrigerator for up to a month or can in a water bath for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"