Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the recipe prep table at the local grocery store - they were handing out samples of this, oh my! Easy, tasty, and colorful...would be great served with grilled eggplant and foccacia bread or bruschetta for that Mediterranean flair.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef strip steaks, cut 3/4 ",thick
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cavender all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine Greek seasoning and pepper.
- Rub both sides of steaks with seasoning mix; set aside.
- Heat charcoal 30 min (until coals are covered with light ash) or heat gas grill on High for 10 min with lid closed (alternatively, preheat oven to broil).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in lg skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir 8-10 min or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add tomatoes, toss, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in cheese and season to taste.
- Cover skillet to keep warm; set aside.
- Grill steaks 4" above medium heat for 5-7 min/side or until meat thermometer reads 140F for medium-rare or 155F for medium.
- Let steaks stand 2 min; serve topped with tomato/mushroom mixture.
Very good dish and easy to make. I'm not fond of mushrooms but the flavors melded wonderfully (I ate and enoyed every last mushroom on my plate)! I used two ripe tomatoes from our garden instead of the cherry tomatoes. This is a keeper. : )
Wonderful flavor in this one. All of the flavors blend together to create a special dish. I did sub romas for the cherry tomatoes as I had them on hand. Thank you for sharing a terrific recipe.
A great recipe with lovely blend of flavours. I made my own Greek seasoning using Greek Seasoning (Spice). Will certainly be making this again. Easy to make is a bonus :)