Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Great recipe "borrowed" from another recipe site. Different from the traditional oatmeal cookie recipe we all know and love.
- 1 cup raisins, I used fruit bits
- 1⁄2 cup hot water or 1⁄2 cup coffee
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl cover raisins or fruit bits with hot water(or coffee).
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Mix in oats, brown sugar, and nuts if using.
- Beat eggs with fork.
- Add oil, undrained raisins(or fruit bits)and vanilla.
- Add to dry mixture and mix well until blended.
- Drop by teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.