Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you love chocolate and coffee, then you will love this pie! The chopped walnuts can be replaced for the pecans if desired. This pie bakes out beautifully! Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. If you prefer a stronger coffee flavor increase the coffee granules.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie shells
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no subs)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (well packed)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 teaspoons dry instant coffee granules
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsley chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the prepared pastry in a glass pie plate and flute the edges.
- Using a fork prick holes in the bottom of the crust then bake the crust for 5-7 minutes (you may wish to cover with foil and bake with pie weights or dried beans to prevent the crust shrinking).
- In a large bowl beat butter and brown sugar on with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Add in the melted chocolate and dry coffee granules; mix until blended.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the mixture into the partially baked crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set.
- Serve this pie warm or at room temperature topp with whipped cream or ice cream.