Recipe by CarolO
If you like a light, crispy coating on your fried shrimp, so you taste shrimp, not batter, this is the recipe for you. My Mom always fried shrimp like this. It's so easy and tastes wonderful.
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 box saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 -3 eggs, beaten with fork
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, devein and wash shrimp.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs with a fork until well blended.
- Put shrimp in eggs and mix so all shrimp is coated with eggs.
- Put saltine crackers in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.
- Don't roll them too fine.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add shrimp to the cracker crumbs, a few at a time and coat well.
- Drop into hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Do not over cook as this toughens the shrimp.
- The amount of crackers and eggs you use depends on the amount of shrimp you want to fry.
- The more shrimp, the more crackers and eggs.
- Preparation time also depends on the amount of shrimp you are frying.