Recipe by Missyvixen1217
I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, she has used it for 30 years and I will probably use it for 30 more!
- 2 quarts thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix Cucumbers and Onions together and sprinkle with salt, mix well and let stand 2-3 hours.
- Rinse and drain well.
- Mix Vinegar and Sugar till sugar is dissolved.
- Put cucumbers and onions in freezer containers or freezer bags, pour vinegar/sugar mixture over cukes and onions (I only fill mine half full to leave room for expansion during freezing).
- Freeze 3 weeks before eating, the longer you let them sit the sweeter the pickles.
- Thaw in refrigerator or in cold water.