Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a cute little appetizer for the holidays! You probably have most, if not all, of the ingredients in your pantry. It's great for any type of get-togethers, picnics, tail-gaters, or pot lucks.I make several of these and set them around the areas where most of the people are.Be sure to serve napkins!!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 green peppers (to garnish) or 1⁄4 yellow bell pepper (to garnish)
- green onion, green part only
- 1⁄4 cup thick 'n chunky salsa (your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- assorted tortilla chips
- Cut block of cream cheese diagongally in half; arrange on serving plate with shallow rim to form triangle.
- Cut a star shape out of the piece of pepper either with a cutter or by hand. Place at the top of the tree.
- Place green onion piece at the base of the tree.
- Mix the preserves and the salsa; spoon over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro.
- Note: place some crackers under the tree, and they'll look like little presents.
Had this on Christmas as a appetizer, very pretty and went over big. thanks!