Recipe by ChiefCook&BottleWasher
This is VERY easy and the ingredients can be kept on hand. I make this when I have to bring a dish somewhere and don't have time to run to the store, or for last minute company. This was my mother-in-laws recipe from the 1970's, not sure where she got it. Simple but so tasty!
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drain
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped broccoli (break up)
- 2 1⁄2 cups crackers, 'Chicken in a Biskit' by Nabisco, coarsely crushed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn, creamed corn, frozen broccoli, 1 cup of crushed crackers, and salt and pepper in a small casserole dish.
- Spread the remaining crackers on top.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the crackers.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Baking longer than 30 minutes may burn the crackers so watch carefully at the end.