1/1 Photo of Easy Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmigiana
2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
Use your favourite marinara sauce! This is so easy and good you'll wonder why you avoided trying it. From "The Sopranos" The one hour of prep time includes 30 minutes of draining.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the eggplants and cut them into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 2Layer the slices in a colander, sprinkling each layer with salt.
- 3Let drain for 30 minutes.
- 4Rinse the eggplant and pat dry.
- 5Pour about 1/2 inch oil a large deep skillet and heat over medium heat.
- 6Fry the slices, in a single layer, turning once, until browned on both sides.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
- 8Preheat the oven to 350.
- 9Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce in a shallow baking dish.
- 10Make a layer of eggplant slices, overlapping them slightly.
- 11Top with a layer of mozzarella, another layer of sauce, and a sprinkle of grated cheese.
- 12Repeat the layering, ending with eggplant, sauce, and grated cheese.
- 13Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the mozzarella is melted.
- 14Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 807.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 15.3 g