Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can make this tasty soup in the time it takes to open two cans and heat them. Warning - this is not a gourmet soup but it is a step up from canned tomato soup. We love it with grilled cheese sandwiches!!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canhunt's diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup diced reduced-fat kielbasa (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine diced tomatoes including juice and chicken broth in a medium saucepan.
- Add quartered and diced kielbasa (about 1/4 lb.), crumbled bacon or cooked meat of your choice if you so choose.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat stirring occasionally.
- Once the soup is boiling, add egg substitute (or 2 beaten eggs) and stir.
- Simmer on med-low heat for 2-3 minutes more.
- Ladle into bowls and serve topped with shredded cheddar.