Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I found this in the RedBook magazine, Feb.2006. It's easy and very tasty. I used 1 lb ground turkey and 1 lb ground chicken. I like the thyme in it.
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Spray 9x5x3" glass pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients gently until incorporated. Press mixture into dish and shape into a loaf.
- Bake 70 mins or until it registers 160°F.
- Let stand 5 min and drain juices.
Definitely easy and definitely delicious! I love how moist this turkey meatloaf is! Meatloaf is a favorite with my partner and I, and to be able to enjoy it without the fat from beef is great! We found that it could benefit from the use of a little salt. I think next time I make this, I will add some of the ingredients I use in my meatloaf: shredded carrots, chopped bell pepper, and sub oatmeal for the breadcrumbs. And last, but not least, top it with chili sauce. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!
This is a very moist and tasty meat loaf. I find most "all turkey" meat loafs to be too dry, but the zucchini keeps this moist. I make meat loaf quite often just for sandwiches, and I will be making this one again. I subbed dried onion flakes and low-sodium beef bouillon powder for the onion soup mix. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.