Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I use this recipe when I need to bring something to a brunch (like church or a ladies social). I also make it just to be nice to my family because they really like it! Feel free to play with it and post your changes. I love seeing people improve on a recipe!
- cooking spray
- 8 pork sausage links
- 32 ounces o'brien frozen potatoes
- 8 extra large eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash table blend seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (can use any cheese you like)
- chopped scallion
- louisiana hot sauce
- sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Takea 9x13" pan and spray it with cooking spray so things don't stick.
- Pre-cook the sausages and cut in to 1/2" slices.
- Layer the entire bag of O'Brien potatoes on the bottom of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash with a whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the sausage slices over the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Serve with any or all of the optional ingredients. (I usually set them out separately in bowls so people can add whatever they want.).
This a good and quick casserole to whip up! I did use a little more sausage and cheese than called for... I may add a couple more eggs next time but other than that it was good. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.