1/4 Photos of Easy Date Squares
Baby Kato's Note:
My MIL's easy, no fail date squares...Make an extra batch of the date jam its good on its own...over bagels or toast. If your date jam is a little thick. Add a little extra water to thin it out, until it is the consistency that you like. Becareful not to make it too thin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar, brown
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Date Jam
- 3Combine dates, sugar, water and vanilla in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 4Simmer 5 minutes, until mixture resembles a thick paste.
- 5Cool completely
- 6Oatmeal Layer
- 7Combine flour, oats, sugar, nuts and salt in mixing bowl.
- 8Cut in butter.
- 9Reserve 2 cups of this mixture for topping.
- 10Press remaining mixture into bottom of greased 9 x 9" pan.
- 11Spread cooled date jam over the bottom layer and sprinkle reserved oatmeal mixture evenly over top.
- 12Bake 25- 33 minute.
- 13Cool completely then cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Date Squares
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 151.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g