Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Squares
photo by Micah C.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 45mins
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 packages cream cheese (8 oz. each)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry filling
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- To prepare crust: In medium saucepan place 1/4 cup sugar and butter;heat until butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs;press mixture evenly over the bottom of a 13 x 9-in.
- baking pan.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually beat in remaining 3/4 cup sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla, until well blended.
- Spoon blueberry filling over crust. Carefully pour cream cheese mixture over blueberries.
- Bake just until set, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Chill until cold, about 2 hours or longer.
- Cut into 24 squares.
- Serve garnished with strawberry halves or mint leaves, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I also made this...perfect on the first try! It cut so beautifully, and was a hit! I am going to try it the next time with the chocolate german style with the cherries as suggested by jo hi; sounds like a winner to me;but what kind of chocolate can I use in the cream cheese? Hope someone can help me out! My crust was perfect; I didn't press it tightly, and cooked it a few minutes longer than necessary....a winner and a treat, thanks
Easy and good! I used one jar of low fat cream cheese instead and it turned out great! Just a word of advice-make sure that you cook until the center is well set (mine was a little runny), and don't pack down the crust too much). I might add chocolate to the cream cheese next time, use chocolate graham crust and cherries to make black forest cheesecake next time! Yum!