Recipe by JenSmith
For those of us who enjoy fresh vegetables, but don't care for lettuce-type salads, here is a satisfying salad that makes a refreshing side dish for a summer meal. I usually serve it with a sandwich and a tall glass of iced tea. I have even used this salad to make a super-yummy sandwich filling!
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 small onion, preferably a sweet variety
- 12 -14 radishes
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumbers and quarter them, slicing each quarter into a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut the tops and the hairy roots off the radishes and slice them thinly into the same bowl with the cucumbers.
- Dice the onion and add it to the bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and the ranch dressing to the bowl and stir. Taste for seasoning, and add a little salt and pepper if needed (go light on the seasoning, as too much tends to ruin the flavor).
- Chill for at least 2 hours, but NOT overnight. Serve cold.