Recipe by MrsK
I got this from Huntingblades.com. It is suggested for "older (read tougher) rabbits" but the one I used was not and it came out great. I had never eaten rabbit before and loved it. The meat is tender and it has a stronger taste than chicken. (I added spices to the recipe, because it seemed a bit blend to my taste. You can also add peas--fresh or frozen--half hour before ready.)
Top Review by sheepdoc
I had an old rabbit and this came out nice and tender. No tomatoes, a plus for DH. 1 approx 7 lb (before butchering) rabbit, 4 potatoes, 2 onions, about a pound of baby carrots - filled up the crock pot. Should have sliced the carrots. Took 10 hours on low.
- 1 rabbit, cleaned cut into pieces (not too small)
- 4 -5 large white potatoes, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 6 carrots, sliced
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh oregano (or about 1/8 dried)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rabbit in bottom of crock-pot or Dutch oven, cover with potatoes, carrots and onion. Sprkinle with spices. Dump can of soup over top and cover.
- Cook on LOW heat (crock-pot) for 4 hours or until rabbit is cooked. Cook for 2 hours in Dutch oven over a good bed of coals.
- Serve with rice and a salad.