Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Super creamy and just a little spicy.
Make and share this Easy Creamy Santa Fe Chicken (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- In crock pot, mix together beans, corn, and 1/2 cup salsa.
- Top with the chicken breast, then pour the remaining salsa over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- Put back into the crock pot.
- Add the cream cheese (cut into cubes to melt faster), and turn to high.
- Heat until cream cheese melts, and blends into sauce.
- Serve over rice.
- Top with shredded cheese.
Wonderful smells were coming out of my kitchen when I walked in the door after work, even my son said, "Oh man, that smells good!" We all liked this a lot and it mixed up so quick I was able to throw it in the crockpot when I came home for lunch. Originally was going to give it 4 stars because my 6 year olds were not really crazy about the spice, but I decided on a 5 star rating when I realized that I could combine the leftovers with a couple of cans of cream of chicken soup and more salsa and chicken broth and make a wonderful santa fe chicken soup. The leftovers sound almost better than the original dish. This will be a staple recipe at our house. Thanks much!
Wonderful. My husband actually threw this together today. He forgot to add the second 1/2 cup of salsa on top, so it was very mild.
I've been on a crock pot kick lately and had to try this recipe. It was delicious! Loved the sauce especially served over a hot bed of rice! Dear BF really enjoyed this one! I did add a small can of diced green chilies for some heat and flavor. Thanks for posting!!