Recipe by Lennie
This makes a terrific side dish for chicken or pork chops, or a complete vegetarian meal. You can also add cubes of leftover ham, turkey or chicken to make a yummy one-dish meal.
Top Review by RecipeNut
This is a delicious side dish or main dish meal. I made it as both. For a maindish I added 2 cups of cooked chicken and went with just one tablespoon of the mustard. Very easy to make with alot of flavor. Thank you Lennie ; )
- 2 1⁄2 cups dry fusilli or 2 1⁄2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) bag california-blend frozen vegetables (mixed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or your favourite creamed soup)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mustard (preferably dijon)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: 1 1/2 cups of both fresh broccoli florets and fresh cauliflower florets, as well as 1 cup of sliced fresh carrots, can be substituted for the frozen veggies.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions; add frozen veggies in with pasta during last five minutes of cooking.
- Drain pasta and veggies in colander.
- In the same pan, over low heat, whisk together soup, milk, parmesan, and mustard; add cream cheese and whisk frequently while cream cheese melts.
- Once mixture is smooth, add veggies and pasta into sauce.
- Heat until mixture is combined and warmed through, stirring frequently.
- Taste; add salt and pepper if desired; serve.