Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a rich delicious pasta dish that can be served at a pot luck or dinner for two. Fresh basil can be used instead of dried and if watching calories you can substitute 10% table cream for whipping cream
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 medium onions
- 3 tablespoons basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- chili pepper flakes
- Dice onions and bacon and pan fry until bacon almost crisp halfway through add garlic.
- Drain fat.
- Add tomatoes and basil and bring to boil then allow to simmer 30 minutes.
- Ad cream and cheese and allow to heat through.
- Serve and season over pasta of your choice.
- Great with crusty bread for sauce sopping.