Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by an old friend, Ginny Dowd, and I have made it for years! It always gets rave reviews when I serve it.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup golden raisin
- Bring to boil the first eight ingredients.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce and raisins.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Chutney will thicken as it cools.
- Will keep 6 weeks in refrigerator.
Absolutely delicious!!! And easy! I made this to go with Indian Samosas (Recipe #15348) It was perfect. Thank you!
I'm a big cranberry AND chutney lover, & this recipe is OUTSTANDING! I did cut it in half, making just a quart, but even at that, it'll never last 6 weeks around my house! Later in the year I'd like to make this up again, & use several jars of it for gift-giving! Very, very tasty! Many thanks!