Yum yum! I served this chutney at Thanksgiving and ended up copying the recipe for most of the guests. Bye bye cranberry sauce in a can and hello Cranberry Chutney! (This recipe is a courtesy of Elizabeth Ryan.)
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 lbs tart apples, cored,peeled and chopped
- 2 1⁄4 lbs cranberries
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 lb dark raisin
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chutney has condensed down and apples are only slightly crisp.
- (If using frozen cranberries, increase cooking time to 35-40 minutes.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this for this Thanksgiving. Turned out really good. Got lots of compliments. Had it alongside canned jellied sauce and the flavor was much more complex. It was nice to had a dab here and there throughout the meal. Added some 1-1/2 oz Grand Marnier to one half-batch but wasn't able to taste it in there. Good stuff, I'll make it this Christmas!Reply