Recipe by D. Todd Miller
This dish makes a very hearty breakfast, and easily feeds a large family or group. Fortunately, it is also easy to halve this recipe. I usually serve this with a fruit salad or compote.
Top Review by mydesigirl
Excellent casserole! I used turkey sausage, egg beaters and had to leave out the green pepper due to a guest's dietary condition. It was perfect for our brunch and very easy to put together! Thanks so much for posting!!
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 2 lbs cooked and drained sausage (I sometimes use a bit of both.) or 2 lbs bacon (I sometimes use a bit of both.)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 12 ounces grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish with frozen hash browns. Top evenly with cooked sausage (or bacon), onion, and green bell pepper.
- In a separate dish, mix together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Pour this over meat and hash browns.
- Top everything evenly with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 45 to 60 minutes (or until done and slightly brown).