- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk (lite is fine)
- 1 (400 ml) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fish stock
- 10 whole allspice
- 1 kg firm white fish fillet, chopped in to chunky pieces (I use Gurnard)
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 spring onions (green parts only)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat, cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add curry powder, salt and pepper and stir for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes, stock and allspice, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add fish, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Discard the allspice, stir in lime juice and serve sprinkled with the spring onions.