Recipe by GrandmaG
I make this every Christmas along with the Red Velvet Cake. This makes a VERY moist cake. If it not all eaten in one day store in the refridgerator.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen coconut, thawed
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar (not the powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions, separate into for equal amounts, to make four thin cake layers.
- While cake is cooking; in large bowl mix together sour cream, coconut, pecans, and sugar.
- Let mixture stand until cake has cooled.
- Cake layers should be stacked bottom side up so the liquid will absorb into the cake.
- Mixture should be a little soupy.
- Stir again and divide mixture into four equal amounts.
- Pour, and spread on each layer.
- Let cake stand at least an hour before serving.