- 3 cups fresh shredded coconut (or unsweetened flaked coconut)
- 21 ounces sweetened condensed milk (1 1/2 cans)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup blanched sliced almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine coconut, condensed milk, and sugar.
- Mix well and heat in microwave on high 7 minutes, stopping oven to stir the mixture every 30 seconds.
- The mixture will reach a fudge-like consistency.
- Pour into a prepared pan, spreading it in an even layer.
- Allow to cool around 45 minutes and then garnish with almonds.
- Use a plastic knife to cut into squares or cut into shapes using cookie cutters.