Two Coloured Coconut Barfi
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- 2 fresh coconuts, grated
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron, heated,crushed and dissolved in the milk
- 400 g sugar
- 3 drops green food coloring
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, cook milk, cream and grated coconut.
- Stir once the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add sugar.
- Reduce flame and keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick and leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Remove the vessel from heat.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal parts.
- To one part add few drops of green food colouring and half of the cardamom powder.
- Mix well.
- Lightly grease a deep metal plate.
- Place the green mixture in this.
- Spread evenly.
- Now place the vessel containing the remaining portion on medium flame.
- Add in saffron milk.
- Stir to get a nice yellow colour.
- While stirring, add the remaining cardamom powder.
- Spread this on the green layer in the plate.
- Make the mixture even and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Spread 1 or 2 edible silver foil papers on top to add to its beauty.
- Once well set, cut into squares or diamond shapes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note