Recipe by looneytunesfan
To flavor truffles with liqueurs, omit vanilla. Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur (almond, coffee, orange, etc) to each third mixture and mix well.
Top Review by Diana #2
The *best* truffles out there. Easy, and the taste is amazing. Truly one of those 'Bet You Can't Eat Just One' kind of treats. I've been making them for a couple of years now, and they are always a *big* hit. I've used Amaretto, Bailey's and Malibu Coconut Rum. I just buy the little sample size bottles from the liquor store. More than enough to make the recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 12 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- ground walnuts
- unsweetened cocoa
- powdered sugar
- candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- BEAT cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add sugar, mixing until well blended.
- ADD melted chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Roll in walnuts, cocoa, powdered sugar or coconut. Store in refrigerator.