Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
I wanted to make a strawberry shortcake along time ago, but I didn't have everything to make one, but I then thought of this and it was delicious! It's also very simple and easy to make!
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 -2 cup fresh strawberries
- 3 -5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup melted chocolate
- whipped cream (optional)
- Follow cake mix directions and pour batter in two circular 8"/9" pans, bake according to cake mix directions (it's usually 30-35 min).
- Take out when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Make strawberry sauce by taking about 1-2 cups of strawberries and chopping up in chunks, put in a metal pan and add sugar until sugar is carmilized and a syrup is formed at the bottom of the pan.
- Drain most of the syrup at the bottom of the pan, take sauce and spread it on top of one of the cakes, after that, take the other cake and put it on top of the strawberry topped one (the strawberries should now be sandwiched between the two cakes).
- Take melted chocolate and you can either spread it on top or the whole thing.
- Spray whipped cream on top if desired.