Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I believe I got this recipe from the Hershey's Chocolate Lover's Cookbook. This is an easy recipe that is delicious. I make this for my father-in-law every year for Christmas or his birthday (or both). Yum!!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) package graham cracker crust
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In small mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in chocolate chips; pour batter into graham cracker crust.
- Bake 10 minutes; without opening oven door, reduce temperature to 250 degrees. Continue baking 20-25 minutes or just until set.
- Cool completely. Cover; refrigerate several hours.
- Spread chocolate topping over the top of the cheesecake, refrigerate several minutes or until just set.
- Chocolate topping:.
- Place ingredients in a microwave safe dish; melt and stir.
- Then spread on cheesecake.
- After spreading chocolate topping over the top of the cheesecake, refrigerate several minutes or until just set.
- Cut into wedges; serve cold.