Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is SUPER easy with only 5 ingredients including the shell. It's also no-bake. Don't tell anyone that it's tofu - they'll never guess!!!
- 2 packages firm silken tofu
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- Drain as much liquid as possible from tofu by putting paper towels on top& bottom of tofu, wrapping a clean dish towel around that, and setting a weight on top of it[a large pan usually works well].
- Drain for 30 minutes.
- In food processor[or blender], whip tofu until smooth, for several minutes.
- Add honey, cocoa powder,& vanilla.
- Blend for at least 1 minute.
- Be sure to use spatula on sides.
- Pour into pie crust& chill for 2 hours.
- Garnish with bananas or raspberries, if desired.
Well, this was my 1st experience with tofu and it whipped beautifully and looked very silky. The taste was a bit chalky, but I think if I had some whipped cream, it would have been better. I let it set for 3 hours, and it still had wobbly jello character. May experiment with this to give it a bit of kick.
This is a delicious, healthy, easy to make chocolate pie! Even my husband, who's not a huge fan of tofu, enjoyed it. This recipe can also be found in the McDougall Quick and Easy cookbook, which is a great reference for healthy, lowfat, vegan cooking.