Pumpkin Pie Made With Tofu (No Milk or Eggs)
I fooled a lot of people; they still think the pie couldn't have tofu in it! I make it with a lot of spices. Be flexible; use more or less as need be. I also skip the crust and put it into a Pam-sprayed dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can fresh pureed acorn squash or (16 ounce) can fresh pureed sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (10 ounce) package soft tofu, do not use low fat
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cream the tofu, pumpkin and sugar in a food processor; add salt and spices, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350 F and bake for another 40 minutes.
- Chill and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This recipe is delicious! Even with firm tofu (it's what I usually have on hand - I used an immersion blender to get the filling really velvety and light) it is amazing. You can even alter the sugar and spice to your taste, if needed, with the same great results... although the proportions in the recipe are decidedly tantalizing....<br/><br/>Thanks for a great, healthy (and adaptable!) recipe.