I got this recipe from a bowling partner several years ago when I discovered I was out of powdered sugar and asked her for a frosting recipe I could put on "One Pot Brownies" that didn't call for powdered sugar. I don't know where this recipe originated as she recited it to me from memory. It's a snap to make and goes good on brownies, cake, cookies-just about any product calling for frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, place butter or margarine, milk, and sugar and stir to blend over medium heat on top of stove.
- 2Bring mixture to a boil which can't be stirred down.
- 3Boil and stir for 45-60 seconds.
- 4Remove pan from stove.
- 5Add chocolate chips to mixture and stir until smooth.
- 6Pour immediately on brownies or cake and let cool.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.0 mg
- Sodium 166.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 86.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g