Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a bowling partner several years ago when I discovered I was out of powdered sugar and asked her for a frosting recipe I could put on "One Pot Brownies" that didn't call for powdered sugar. I don't know where this recipe originated as she recited it to me from memory. It's a snap to make and goes good on brownies, cake, cookies-just about any product calling for frosting.
- In a small saucepan, place butter or margarine, milk, and sugar and stir to blend over medium heat on top of stove.
- Bring mixture to a boil which can't be stirred down.
- Boil and stir for 45-60 seconds.
- Remove pan from stove.
- Add chocolate chips to mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour immediately on brownies or cake and let cool.