Recipe by Laudee
I got this recipe from a bowling partner several years ago when I discovered I was out of powdered sugar and asked her for a frosting recipe I could put on "One Pot Brownies" that didn't call for powdered sugar. I don't know where this recipe originated as she recited it to me from memory. It's a snap to make and goes good on brownies, cake, cookies-just about any product calling for frosting.
Top Review by Hazeleyes
This recipe is almost the same as one that I've made for years. The texture is similar to homemade fudge, and the taste is a chocoholic's dream! I paired this frosting with my brownie recipe, #135577. Just an added note...after adding the choco. chips to the hot mixture, it takes a little time and patience! You will need to stir for awhile. It will be runny, but keep stirring and it will start to thicken and be smooth. Well worth the little bit of time it takes! Thanks Laudee! Hazeleyes
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, place butter or margarine, milk, and sugar and stir to blend over medium heat on top of stove.
- Bring mixture to a boil which can't be stirred down.
- Boil and stir for 45-60 seconds.
- Remove pan from stove.
- Add chocolate chips to mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour immediately on brownies or cake and let cool.