Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Easy recipe and after you coat with the chocolate you can dip in sprinkles-whatever colors fit your occasion, or you can roll in finely chopped nuts! Lots of fun for you and the kids will love helping! This recipe doubles, triples, etc. easily! Enjoy! :)
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips (or you can use dark, milk chocolate, bittersweet)
- 14.79 ml vegetable shortening
- 14 marshmallows
- colored sprinkles, your choice of color (optional)
- 236.59 ml nuts, finely chopped (optional)
- In a 1-cup glass measure, heat together chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave oven on High about 1½ to 2 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred. Or you may heat in a double boiler(I just place a pan that fits slightly in another pan that has boiling water and stir till melted and smooth).
- Using a fork, dip each marshmallow into chocolate over a cup. Place marshmallows 1 inch apart on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; immediately sprinkle sprinkles or the nuts on top, if using.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, 45 to 60 minutes. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Enjoy!
I ended up using snowman shaped marshmellows and milk chocolate. They turned out cute and were not only tasty just to eat but great in hot chocolate and coffee.
Boy did we have fun making these..We ended up using white and red sprinkles, (using the Chicago Bulls) colors they are the basket ball team here, but nonetheless they made for a GREAT after school treat for us, and of course we loved the chocolate too. Made for PRMR tag..
These were so easy and quick to make! I put sticks in the marshmallows so used those to dip them in the chocolate; added some sprinkles and dessert is covered. Made for Sharon123 Cook-A-Thon.