This makes a wonderful quick late-night snack, and it's a great way to use up any leftover chili I freeze some of my chili just to make this recipe --- I sprinkle finely chopped jalapeno peppers on top of second layer of cheese, but that is only optional add them on if you like heat --- all ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste. Prepare a double recipe in two separate pie plates if you are serving more than 6 people. Prep time does not include making the chili --- this is very good!
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Heat the chili in a small saucepan or microwave until hot.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips on the bottom of a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Spoon half of the chili over the chips.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Repeat with remaining chips, chili and cheese.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Top with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
- Serve immediately.