Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy to prepare ahead of time and makes a wonderful meal for family or guests.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Whisk together the egg and milk.
- Dip the chicken breasts in flour.
- Dip again in milk and egg mixture.
- Coat them in bread crumbs.
- In a skillet with a little olive oil over medium-high heat, brown on both sides until golden.
- Cover bottom of baking pan with tomato sauce.
- Set chicken over sauce.
- Pour remaining of your favorite tomato sauce over all.
- Place mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and a little more mozzarella.
- Bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until bubbly. Serve with linguini or roasted potatoes, garlic bread and a nice green salad.
- Tip:I use this tomato sauce from my freezer:Recipe #240802
- The great part is that you can cook your chicken and sauce ahead and assemble just before puting it in the oven.