Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very good and very simple. It doesn't take long to make so it is perfect on a night when you are in a bit of a hurry.
- crushed Ritz cracker
- 2 eggs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- tomato sauce
- mozzarella cheese (sliced or shredded)
- parmesan cheese
- Dip chicken breasts in the egg then into the Ritz crackers.
- Make sure they are well coated.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 10- 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the breast.
- Remove from oven, turn, spread about 1 or 2 tbsp of tomato sauce on each breast.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven- remove foil.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
This was so easy and delicious! My husband's favorite at Italian restaurants is chicken parmesan. He says it tasted as good as Spaghetti Warehouse! I didn't have Ritz so I used croutons. My compliments. Thanks for the recipe.
Good base to start from... I used Town House crackers and... cooked the chicken for 35 minutes instead of 10-15 before adding sauce and then sprinkled with garlic powder and paramsan cheese before baking 20 more minutes. I also added oregano and basil along with the final mozzarella cheese. We liked this alot but everyone agreed that without the additional spices added it wouldn't have been lacking in flavor. So, I recommend spicing the chicken to taste. The crackers are a nice change and give this easy dish some depth.
Yum!! I never realized how easy this dish could be until I came across your recipe! My husband loves Italian food and I love something quick! I used breadcrumbs b/c I didnt have crackers. Thanks for a spectacular recipe!!