Recipe by SUSIE IN MISSOURI
This is one easy delicious crock pot recipe for a whole chicken. I do cut the chicken in half and it still looks like chicken, instead of pieces. I also wanted one that had chicken flavor but not other flavors that would clash with other recipes for which I would use the left over chicken.
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (or your chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken in half (so both pieces have a breast, leg, wing, etc.).
- Lay the halves side by side with skin side up in crock pot.
- Pour the chicken stock over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook on High for 2 hours.
- Then turn down to low for 2 hours.
- For Gravy:.
- Remove the broth from the crock pot into a 1 quart saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Mix 1/4 cup water with the cornstarch and slowly pour into the boiling broth.
- Stir until desired thickness.