Recipe by Jennibear
This is an easy recipe that tastes great and sounds a little fancy. Our whole family gives this one a "thumbs up". I had Champagne Chicken at a restaurant and had tried to re-create it at home (with champagne, artichokes and grapes) - but I revised it so my little ones would eat it. Enjoy!
Top Review by Michelle B.
Really tasty. I used frozen peas instead of broccoli because I don't like broccoli and it was good. I think I will try using cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken next time.
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine (or cooking wine or chicken broth)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine soups, wine, milk, , broccoli, pepper and minute rice. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top rice mixture with chicken. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each chicken breast. Cover with bread crumbs. Pour melted butter over the top. Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes.