Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an easy recipe that tastes great and sounds a little fancy. Our whole family gives this one a "thumbs up". I had Champagne Chicken at a restaurant and had tried to re-create it at home (with champagne, artichokes and grapes) - but I revised it so my little ones would eat it. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine (or cooking wine or chicken broth)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups chopped broccoli (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine soups, wine, milk, , broccoli, pepper and minute rice. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top rice mixture with chicken. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each chicken breast. Cover with bread crumbs. Pour melted butter over the top. Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes.
Really tasty. I used frozen peas instead of broccoli because I don't like broccoli and it was good. I think I will try using cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken next time.
OMG this is so easy and satisfying. The flavor is mellow so you may have to season to your tastes. If you have kids they will inhale it. Made as written with the wine and panko breadcrumbs. We used chicken tenders so it dispersed the chicken into each scooping.The broccoli to us was not optional. Not only did it add color and nutritional value but it gave it a good texture addition not to mention flavor. We used frozen broccoli and it was good. Perfect if you have a busy weeknight. We paired with a salad and had dinner in a flash. We will add this to the monthly rotation. Thanks for posting Jennibear! Enjoy! ChefDLH
Super easy, and has a nice uncomplicated taste. I cubed 2 chicken breast and sautee'd in 1 tablespoon butter before adding to casserole. I did, however add 1 cup of water to the soup mixture to accomodate the 1 1/2 cup rice, thinking it may not absorb enough moisture to cook properly. Altho just a mild taste, next time I may add a little more wine and cut back on the water a bit. So easy and I will surely have a go at this one on any number of occasions. Thanks for posting Jennibear.