Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
By using this SIMPLE crust recipe, you end up enhancing and improving on the store bought pie crust. Just a few easy steps, sealing the crust with parmesan cheese prevents a soggy crust The melted cheese creates a somewhat water proof barrier that helps keep moisture IN the filling. The cheese also enhances the over flavor of the crust. After trying this recipe, I always use this recipe for making quiche crusts.
- Take out the dough from plastic and open it flat on a working board area.
- Combine parmesan cheese and flour. Sprinkle half of the parmesan mixture over one side of the dough and gently roll mixture into dough with rolling pin.
- Flip dough on the other side, and repeat the above process. Roll dough out into a 12 inch circle.
- Gently move dough to a 9 inch pie plate, and press into corners to secure and fluting edges as desired. To prevent shrinkage, refrigerate dough for 20 minutes, then transfer to freezer for 10 minutes.
- Spray 2- 12 inch square pieces of foil lightly with cooking spray and arrange grease side down, in chilled pie shell. Top with pie weights and fold excess foil over edges of dough. Bake on lower middle rack at 375°F until surface of dough no longer looks wet, about 20 minutes. Celsius.
- Carefully remove pie weights and fooil and continue to bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until golden. Let cool for 15 minutes and proceed with your quiche recipe.