Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These tasty biscuits are really quick and easy to make. My friend sent this recipe to me, she said they taste like the biscuits from Red Lobster. I've never tried the biscuits from Red Lobster, but these are great! For variation I sometimes add sauteed onions, bacon bits, or crumbled fried sausage.
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix or 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Combine Baking mix,milk and cheese into bowl,stir with wooden spoon until soft dough forms.
- Beat dough vigorously 30 seconds.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets, ungreased.
- Bake 8-10 minutes,or until golden brown.
- Combine garlic powder and melted butter.
- Brush over biscuits last minute.
Very tasty and easy! I used the substitution for biscuit mix, using butter instead of shortening, and had to add some additional liquid--probably 1 cup of milk instead of 2/3. Will make again.
UPDATE: I made this again last night. Instead of putting garlic butter on top, I added the 1/2 tsp garlic powder to the dough. So delicious that the butter on top was unnecessary, which also saved some fat and calories. I also chose to put all ingredients in the food processor to mix (since I was using the biscuit mix substitute and had to cut in the butter) which was so easy. This is how I will make it from now on.
These were wonderful, and so easy to make! Great with chili or soup. I made them with cheddar one time and with monterey jack another time.
Delicious, simple, and quick! My husband's comment when I asked for his opinion on the rating: "I can't imagine a better biscuit." :) Thanks, Cindy.