Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
Let the kids help you mix up the cheese mixture.
Make and share this Easy Cheesy Calzone recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages prepared pizza crust
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce or 1 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a 12 inch pizza pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray coating.
- Press dough onto foil in pan forming a 12-inch circle.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together cheeses then spoon 1/2 of mixture onto dough.
- Fold dough over filling to form a half-circle. Seal edges, then use the edge of a spoon to make decorative edge, if desired.
- Cut slits for escape of steam.
- Repeat for the other package of dough.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or till filling is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Cover with foil after 10 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before serving. Heat sauce and serve with calzone for dipping.
I used one pizza dough but cut it in half to make two smaller calzones. I added tomato & artichoke to my husbands & turkey pepperoni to mine. It took about 15 minutes to cook uncovered. Made for ZWT 7
Nice, easy recipe for the weekday. I added some leftovers for filling: banana peppers, turkey pepperoni, and mushrooms. It took about 10 minutes more cook time (I didn't cover it) - but could have been my oven. Served with a salad, it made a great dinner!
These were pretty good. There was no need to cover though. Made a half batch (only one calzone) and added some italian seasoning blend to the cheese mixture. This needs something, just not sure what it is... Salt maybe? Will try again and add fillings in addition to the cheese.