Recipe by Kyene
I adapted the rice and chicken bake from the Campbell cookbook because I had no mushroom soup. So here is my take on it.
Top Review by RuthlessWr
This did not turn out well for me. The chicken never cooked through and the rice was still crunchy after cooking for almost an hour. I ended up microwaving the chicken just to make it edible. My 2 quart baking dish is deep and round, which may have had something to do with it, but I'm afraid I probably won't try it again with a different dish to find out.
- 2 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can broccoli cheese soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheese (whatever you want, I like Mexican blend)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soup, water, rice, broccoli, paprika, salt and pepper in a 2 quart baking dish.
- Put chicken on top on rice mixture and sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese. (I also put some Parmesan and Breadcrumbs on here too, but that's optional).
- Cover and bake 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes until chicken and rice is done.