1/2 Photos of Easy Cheese and Sour Cream Enchiladas
Julie in TX's Note:
This is a good meatless dish, but if you prefer meat, you can add diced boiled chicken.. The amount of prep time it takes depends on how quickly you can roll tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat.
- 2Dip corn tortillas in hot oil for 2-3 seconds to soften them.
- 3Drain on paper towels until cool.
- 4Mix the sour cream, soup and green chilies.
- 5Spread about 1 cup of the sour cream mixture over the bottom of a 9" X 13" X 2" baking pan.
- 6Place some grated cheese& chopped onion about 1 inch from the edge of a softened tortilla.
- 7You'll need to experiment to get exactly the right amount of filling.
- 8Too much filling and the tortilla won't roll.
- 9Too little filling and you'll mostly taste corn tortilla.
- 10It will probably take about 2 tablespoons of filling.
- 11Fold the edge over the filling and roll it tightly.
- 12Place the filled tortilla in the pan, seam side down.
- 13Continue rolling the tortillas and place them side by side in the pan.
- 14Pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- 15Top with the remaining onion and cheese.
- 16Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Tex-Mex Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tex-Mex Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheese and Sour Cream Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.7
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 1051.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 27.9 g