Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a good meatless dish, but if you prefer meat, you can add diced boiled chicken.. The amount of prep time it takes depends on how quickly you can roll tortillas.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Dip corn tortillas in hot oil for 2-3 seconds to soften them.
- Drain on paper towels until cool.
- Mix the sour cream, soup and green chilies.
- Spread about 1 cup of the sour cream mixture over the bottom of a 9" X 13" X 2" baking pan.
- Place some grated cheese& chopped onion about 1 inch from the edge of a softened tortilla.
- You'll need to experiment to get exactly the right amount of filling.
- Too much filling and the tortilla won't roll.
- Too little filling and you'll mostly taste corn tortilla.
- It will probably take about 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Fold the edge over the filling and roll it tightly.
- Place the filled tortilla in the pan, seam side down.
- Continue rolling the tortillas and place them side by side in the pan.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Top with the remaining onion and cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes until bubbly.
I enjoyed this meal. I left off the green chilies and green onions due to personal preference. I also added about a pound of chopped mushrooms which I had sweated for a few minutes prior to adding to the mixture. I used some bits and pieces of leftover cheeses to use up what I had on hand and add some extra flavor. Overall, the meal came out great and I would make it again. Thank you for posting this recipe!
Julie, EXCELLENT! Did use shredded chicken with a little sauce and shredded cheese in the tortillas. AND chives, not onions in the sauce. Otherwise, everything was just as you indicated. Super Good! Thanks for posting.